Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Confirmation consternation

As you know, when someone is better than me I will give you their writings as opposed to my own. Such is one case today, about the potential confirmation of Goodwin Liu to the 9th Circuit Court, written by Adam B. of Daily Kos.


Cheap shots:

In all fairness Newt, no one plays Trivial Pursuit anymore.

Stupid in Texas. I think it's their state motto.

I imagine that it doesn't help when a Presidential candidate is called this by the man who last held the nomination for his party.

My son is considering college in Wisconsin, because there is a school with one hell of a jazz program there. But this complicates things.

One of the saddest parts about all of this is how everyone is harping over the fact that that the woman in question isn't some babe in her late 20's.

There's a shorter version of Newt's amazing walkback: "I lied."

Aw, give her a break. It was early in the morning and she's a tiny old lady with a lot to do in the day. Hell, most of my friends can't drink the stuff because it's too rich for them. If it had been me though, I'd have needed a second pint.

It's snark, but maybe he really is the only hope the Republicants have.

This is actually a big deal, given how bloody rich the man is.


The next time you feel sorry for yourself, keep in mind that this kid was blown up and has a more positive attitude than you.


And because I love you, Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment