Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Radio Free California Episode 2144, plus cheap shots

 


A solid week for new music including new albums from The Pineapple Thief, Dream Theater, Jamie Dupuis, Andrew Leahey & The Homestead, Superchunk, Guided by Voices, Elton John (finally), Todd Rundgren and so much more. Enjoy!

Here is a list of this week's artists by twitter handle (unless otherwise marked):


@corywong
@toddrundgren with @theroots
@pineapplethief
@dreamtheaternet
@JamieDupuis
@AndrewLeahey
Rijell (no socials I could find. He's on Spotify, obviously)
@alyandaj
@deerhoof
@realestateband
@josefsalvat
@mildorangemusic
@eltonofficial with @yearsandyears
@_GuidedByVoices
@brucehornsby with strings arranged by @mooseofrob
@beautypill
@pomplamoose
@mymorningjacket
@duranduran with @CHAIofficialJPN
Parquet Courts (No socials, which is surprising for a band with such a following)
@clinicvoot
@HeladoNegro
@hand_habits
@CircuitdesYeux
@laluzers
dinnertheband (Instagram)
@superchunk
notdummy (Instagram)
@goodfknmorning
@XenoOaklander
suefoleyofficial (Instagram)
@convenienceband
Grouper (no socials I could find, but you should really check her out. She's released over a dozen albums and can be found on bandcamp at grouper.bandcamp.com)

Cheap Shots:

Will today's contestant on "How Much Hitler?" please come on down!

If I ever meet Don Jr. I'm going to punch him in his fucking teeth. And then get my hand sanitized, because I don't want all that cocaine getting into my system.

I honestly don't know what the fallout from all of this is going to be, if any. But I might leave the site again.

If I were a billionaire I'd happily give 2% of that to the country. That's all they're asking for.

Come on Quebec, don't fuck this up.

Um, if he's still having nightmares about a book he read 10 years ago maybe, just maybe, his issues are deeper than that.

Someone out there is apparently growing and killing cement to make things.

Of course Florida is putting out feelers to hire Police that won't get vaccinated.  After all, they have to replace all the ones that died from COVID.

Want a conspiracy theory? Here's an oldie.

GASP! If you can.

So says Judge Motherfucker. Hopefully a few of you have read the book "Presumed Innocent" to get the multiple layers to this joke. Alas, it's not really in the movie.


And how many deaths did her own negligence lead to?

And because I love you, I share one of my favorite Bowie songs:



No comments:

Post a Comment