Monday, April 4, 2022

Radio Free California Episode 2214, bigots stealing childhoods, and cheap shots.

 


Lots of new music this week and lots of indie to boot! While we have RHCP and Spoon and Meshuggah all here, we also have Ugly Smile, The High Strung,  The Lickerish Quartet, Chad Olsen, Near 2 Infinity and much much more. Enjoy!

Artists in this week's playlist are listed by twitter handle unless otherwise marked:

@UglySmileATL
@thehighstrung
@PastVerse
trukay360 (Instagram) featuring Blinky-Montana (Meta) and wonndonn (Instagram)
jonaslindbergofficial (Instagram)
@ChiliPeppers
Wandering-With-10293747182678 (Meta)
@Ainsleymusic07
@regrettesband
@HouseOfSeb
@dolcediablo6
@kinggizzard
@BelteOrions with @oyvind_blom
@TheLickerish
@spoontheband
@jacmnelson3 featuring Jim James of @mymorningjacket and @WillieNelson (who has the greatest twitter bio of all time)
@adiavictoria
@JanelWeaver
@lifelines_music
Near 2 Infinity (N o socials I could find. I discovered them thanks to my friends at @CarbonFootprin9
@estella_dawn
Chad Olson (No socials I could fine - but found from the same source)
wearerivalsband (Meta)
Rising Sun (again with the lack of socials...)
sennoide (Meta)
LunaCarinaMusic (Meta) with @Nekane_Music
@confidencemanTM
averyleighsnightpalace (Meta)
@meshuggah
@puptheband
@wearetahiti80
@vanchamberIain
https://ushighball.bandcamp.com/
@seabearband

+++++++++++++++++++

Here's something I don't understand - why are the politicians of Florida (and other places) so intent of robbing some children of their own childhoods?

The whole supposed point of the "Don't Say Gay" bill just signed into law in Florida is that topics about sexual orientation of any kind (except for you know, straight people) is not to be discussed, read about, or even mentioned. Setting aside for a moment that some of these kids and their teachers might be gay, let's just talk about the children themselves.

The "fear" (I think "prejudice" would be a better word) is that exposure to this sort of thing could affect a person's sexual growth and turn them gay or trans or some bullshit like that. I'm willing to call bullshit on this because despite loving and re-reading the book multiple times I never became a Hobbit.

But it's worse than that, which these things always are. What we're telling gay and trans children is that they have to experience the childhood of a fictional version of themselves. That they cannot have their own childhood.

That's so fucked up.

I can't speak for many others, but I learned that I like girls when I was SIX. 6 years old. I didn't fully understand why, but I knew that I liked girls. 2nd grade. That's MY childhood.

This law denies the rights of all children to come into that realization at the age they're supposed to - which is the age their own minds and bodies allows it. That's not something you can legislate. I have met people who were "early bloomers" like me. I have met those who didn't figure it out until they were much older. I know people in their 20s and beyond who aren't there yet, and children who are. It's an individual experience, and this law robs those children of that individual experience.

It forces many children to live their lives as a lie - to experience the childhood of someone they are not.

To not get the chance to experience their own childhood. It's child abuse. Funny how many Republicans accuse their opponents of doing the things they actually do themselves.

Again, this is denying non-heterosexual people the chance to have a childhood that's their own, and all the while because the heterosexual stereotype is constantly enforced it will be carpet-bombing them with an lifestyle and agenda that is not their own. This makes no one more comfortable aside from bigots.

Bigots do not deserve to be comfortable. Therefore, as a self-identifying CIS-male, I say "GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY!!!!"

Cheap shots (remember, Monday is Rum day):

You're expecting a fucking Oscar? Remember, these assholes said the same thing about 27 children at a school. Motherfuckers.

Speaking of which, my congresscritter.

I admit, this could be trouble for the only social media platform I can still tolerate.

Oops again...

We can save some of them!!!!

Prince was a king, even as a child.

Nope nope nope nope nope. All kinds of nope.


No one should take weight loss advice from a man who looks like Butt-head from Beavis and Butt-head on purpose.

And because I love you and MORE GAY, enjoy some Randy Rainbow:




No comments:

Post a Comment