Monday, December 18, 2023

Radio Free California Episode 2351, radio station notes, a world premiere, cheap shots and more!

 


Surprisingly strong list of mew music this week from Sebastian Bach, Umphrey's McGee, Field Medic, Cigarettes after Sex, Sum 41, Paula Cole, Mick Mars, Los Baby Jaguars and much more. Enjoy!

A couple of things about this week's playlist: There is a song missing from this playlist that has been addded to the Radio Station. The band is from Japan and is called Mana Diagram and the song is called "Glitter Wind". A performance of the track is available on YouTube now (see the bottom of this post) but it's not out on radio or even available for streaming yet. I've already added it to the station. This is their first release and it rocks!


ALBUM SHOW NOTES


This week we are featuring the new album by Field Medic, entitled "dope girl chronicles". His new album is a pop/folk/shoegaze/singer-songwriter take on watching someone crumble under addiction, and although less than 30 minutes in length the songs pack a punch and that's why it's my pick to play for you this week.

The Album Show will run this Thursday December 21st at 9am and 9pm Pacific Standard Time.

For those of you who stay away from Spotify this playlist will be played this Wednesday December 20th at 2am, 6am, 10am, 2pm and 6pm PST. All of the songs I feature on Radio Free California are played as part of the regular rotation. The first song on the playlist is "Glitter Wind" by Mana Diagram, mentioned above, which is only available on YouTube and on the Radio Station.

One last programming note: Every Sunday at 10am and again at 10pm we will feature our show "10 at 10", where we play 10 (and sometimes 11 or even 12!) songs from a year we pick at random. Again, all times are PST. Last week was 1986 and for next Sunday's show we're going back much further in time to... well... you'll have to tune in!

Cheap Shots:

I firmly believe the only thing that kept this asshole in check was Senator John McCain.

Dude. I mean, duuuude.

Well, bye.

I repeat, every time you say "Democrat Party" instead of "Democratic Party" you sould like an asshole, and you will never win the argument.

That's not how any of this works you pathetic fucks.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

It's impressive, but it's still Florida.

Not exactly "Marsha Marsha Marsha!" but it sure sounded close.

Well there, Francis!

Remembering that I'm a White Cis-gendered Male, can we please just put women like this in charge?

I tried repeatedly to warn you, you stupid motherfucker.

I'm pretty sure the pay of the job couldn't support his coke habit.

I'd hate to have to explain this one to my insurance company.


What the fuckin' fuck is "slightly wrong?"

Maybe I need a refresher course, but isn't this kinda like blackmail?

It's not just the method that's troublesome, but the fact that they failed to execute him on the first try. I'm pretty sure that this is where Captain Jack Harkness steps in.

I can just hear RuPaul saying, "Oh honey, please."

Did you know that there is another Electric Vehicle company named after Tesla that's not Tesla?"


I think there is going to be less conquering in the future. And wow, that was quick.

Feel free to make your own sophomoric joke. I will give it a pass this time.

Put out an APB for a young Robert Wagner!

Nobody, and I mean nobody, needs 8 of these.

I might be wrong about this, but I think this might be a parole violation.

Why do the fucks on fox hate Christmas so?

The voice of L.A. Radio and Radio K.O.A.S. has left us.

And because I love you here is the video to Glitter Wind, performed by Mana Diagram:



No comments:

Post a Comment