Monday, May 24, 2021

Radio Free California Episode 2122, plus that one cuss word I don't like to use






Great week for new music, including new music from Del Amitri, Crown Lands, Nancy Wilson, The Ceys, Chris Trapper, St. Vincent, Remerge Band, Donovan, Mdou Moctar, Lydia Ainsworth and so much more. 2 hours of new music - Enjoy!

Here is this week’s list of bands. Twitter handles unless otherwise noted.

@DelAmitri
the_linda_lindas (Instagram)
@ceys_music
@CrownLandsMusic (and holy crap how have I missed this band until now?)
nancywilson (Instagram)
@copperstoneband
@christrapper (I first met Chris when he was touring with @colinhay, so it’s only fitting that he covers this song)
@2ndgradephilly
@kflay with @tmorello (who seems to be working with just about everyone these days)
@braking_lane (they’re buds from slaps.com)
@RemergeBand (them too)
Quilloughby with Lisa Simpson (He’s far too superior to have any social media presence, and she’s too young – in theory)
@wolfalicemusic
@st_vincent
@donovanofficial (yes, THAT Donvan) with @DAVID_LYNCH (yes, THAT David Lynch)
@durand_jones with @AaronFrazer_
@pomplamoos with @KOlusola
@modestmouseband
@thisisLUMP
@twentyonepilots
@wearefacs
@JAHJAHMULDROW
@gruffingtonpost
mdou_moctar (Instagram)
@ReigningSound1
marin_guero (Instagram)
@matkearney
@outsidechild13
@lydiaainsworth  (what an awesome cover she does too) 
@ducksltdband
Darktea (Instagram)


+++++++++++++++++++++++++

As my faithful readers know, all tens of you, I'm not afraid to swear. I didn't do it much (if at all) when I was young so I'm making up for lost time. I called a member of Congress a Racist Motherfucker to his face (although to be fair, he wasn't in congress yet when I did). My mother overheard me doing it, and called me out for it - saying to be careful when I use that insult, because you're insulting his mother at the same time. She had no objection to me calling the little fuck a racist. I've been careful using that one ever since, although I have no compunction against using it against most adults anymore - hell, I've had sex with someone's mother.

But that's not the word I don't like. That word is "cunt". I've never been all that comfortable with how much weight that word can be given, how demeaning it is, and how cruel. I've used it towards men, because I find that funny, but against a woman I am loathe to use it. Being male myself it just comes across as too hateful, even for me.

(As a side note, I've come to realize that using "cunt" against men is a double-edged sword as well, because what if you use it against a trans man? That's got to be about as cruel as it can possibly be - so I'm also careful to use it against men who are known to be fucking bigots against the trans community, and then only sparingly. Mostly Congressmen).

But along comes Game of Thrones and they throw the word "cunt" around like it's watered-down wine. In Westeros that word comes around as often a "fuck", sometimes hilariously (Tyrion saying "Why are the Gods such cunts?") to the insulting (Walder Frey about his own sons) but it's there all the freaking time. Even the magnificent Dame Diana Rigg used it. I never watched the show all that much but I find since then the word "cunt" climbs more to the surface. I used it on my cats once (they like to try to trip me - not a comfortable feeling from a man who once broke both of his arms in a fall) and I got such a frown from my daughter - deservedly so.

I am an asshole sometimes.

So why bring it up at all? Because there is a woman who deserves this epithet. Marjorie Taylor Greene is a fucking cunt.

She's compared public health safety measures (wearing masks) to the HOLOCAUST, and said that Jews support her in saying so. She's a fucking liar.

She has referred to Speaker Nancy Pelosi as mentally ill. What a fucking cunt.

She has filed two homestead tax exemptions in Georgia, where only one is allowed. She's a fucking tax cheat.

She screamed, "Why do you support terrorists and antifa?" at a member of Congress, on the House floor. What a bitch. (By the way, if you're against antifa, fuck off. This COUNTRY is antifa - we fought a pretty big fucking war over it, and supposedly WON.) As a friend of mine said, "I've seen enough anime to know someone is tsundere when I see them. She wants to fuck AOC."

She's an anti-vaxxer. In other words, she supports the outbreaks of smallpox, diptheria, and COVID-19 that have happened in this country. What a fucking cunt.

She has claimed that it wasn't #OrangeShitgibbon's supporters that rioted on January 6th, 2021. She's a fucking liar.

She tried to have Maxine Waters expelled from Congress. Ms. Waters has served 16 terms. Ms. Green has "served" 16 weeks.

Although her account is active now, she's been suspended on twitter multiple times. Okay, I'm calling the kettle black here because I've been suspended once. For calling someone I once called a racist motherfucker a cunt.

She has called traveling companion Matt Gaetz innocent of being a child rapist. Even though his co-conspirator has plead guilty and his ex-girlfriend has turned state's evidence against him.

She posted a big fucking sign outside her office that being trans is against god and that science supports only two sexes. She being willfully stupid, as gender has been shown scientifically to be a spectrum for over 70 years now, thanks to pioneering research from the University of Indiana. As for the god part - I've never seen a god in any modern religion be so fucking awful as to hate someone for just existing. That's a people thing.

She has been abusive to people in neighboring offices - so much so that two of them have moved. What a fucking cunt.

She threatened fellow Republican Rep. Jamie Herrera Beutler of Washington state for testifying in the 2nd Impeachment of #ShavedGrimmace, the same way the rioters of January 6th did.

I brought the receipts. She's a cunt. I don't like that word, but I have none more appropriate.

++++++++++++++++++++

And because I love you, here's one of our featured artists for this week, Crown Lands:


Also, the new Del Amitri is fun too:


And by the way, if you haven't seen the most epic stunt ever played by John Oliver, here it is:





No comments:

Post a Comment