Monday, August 2, 2021

Radio Free California 2132, plus I'm sick of you "Freedom" motherfuckers.

 


New music from Ergo, Bria, Flood, Hala, Prince, Bonnie Legion, Los Lobos, Son Volt, a lovely older track from Dionne Faris and even I show up! Enjoy!

Here is the complete list of this week's artists, twitter handles unless otherwise marked:

@arielposen with @corywong
@scarypockets with @Judith_Hill (and one of the most unique Beatle's covers I've ever heard)
@ergobria
@alyandaj
@animeraider (hey, that's me - also doing a cover)
@Crimsonicband
floodmusic2112 (Instagram) with KJ Cunningham (no socials)
@KMerrillMusic
@theknocks with @Weezer and @royalandtheserp
@thebandhala
@KidSimius with @hindsband
Prince ('nuff said)
@BonnieLegion
avlis_satori (Instagram)
@bleachersmusic
@torreslovesyou
@LosLobosBand (one of my favorite all-time bands)
@sonvoltmusic
@DotAllisonmusic with Sarah Campbell and Amy Bowen
@totallyDusted
Guardian Singles (no real socials, but they're signed to @trouble_in_mind)
@blues_traveler with Christone "Kingfish" Ingram, who appears to have deleted his socials
@kolezzzanka
@DionneFarris (I was reminded in the past week how much I love her work, and so I'm sharing this track from her first solo album)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I'm going to rant about about the unvaccinated, after having spent a day in their midst (not by choice, but it had to be done).

You want to freedom to be unmasked. You want the freedom to not get the shot. You do it in the name of Freedom. FREEDOM!

News for you asshole, that's not freedom. That's selfishness. But you only recognize it as freedom because you're only thinking about yourself. Consider this: I'm vaccinated. If they offer a booster shot I'll fucking get it as soon as I humanly can. But here's the thing, I can still catch COVID-19. So why should you care?

The vaccine does a great but incomplete job of preventing the virus, but the great success with the shots is in the fact that you don't get seriously sick if you've been vaccinated. I might catch it, but I'll be okay. The vaccinated aren't dying from this anymore.

But you're fucked.

If I go out unmasked you could DIE. If I go out masked, you could DIE. You all get the guidelines wrong.

The social distancing guidelines apply if BOTH PARTIES ARE MASKED. 6 FEET IF YOU'RE BOTH MASKED. It's 25 feet if only one of you is masked. It's even further if neither of you is masked. No one reports that part and it makes me fucking furious.

And it's for no more than 20 minutes indoors EVER.  

Look it up if you don't believe me. Use the CDC's site.

If I have COVID and am masked and you're unvaccinated and unmasked, you have a 25% chance of catching it under the 6 foot social distance guideline. 1 in 4. Do you feel that lucky, every time I take a breath?

Because you're rolling the dice with every breath you take, or I take. It resets with each breath. Statistically speaking, you're going to get sick.

More than 1 out of every 10 Americans has gotten this fucking thing.1 out of every 535 has died per the official count, and some states aren't reporting all cases anymore. You KNOW someone who has gotten sick. You KNOW someone who has died, even if you live in one of the smallest towns in the country.

I had to be hospitalized for a non-covid infection July of last year, which I've talked about in other posts. When I told the nurse that I never went out unmasked she replied, "It's airborne". When I said I didn't go out she replied, "It's airborne". When I said I social distanced she replied, "It's airborne".

The disease doesn't fucking care about your misinterpreted "Freedom". It's going to try to kill you anyway. You know what else is airborne?

AIR. Air gets through masks perfectly. It's filtered, but it isn't 100% effective - just mostly effective.

Freedom isn't freedom unless it applies equally to EVERYONE. Ask any person of color. If it doesn't apply to everyone then it's just selfishness and segregation. If you can't see that then what the hell did you study in grade school when they talked about... well... anything? 

I'm calling you a moron, you fucking idiots.

I want the freedom to not worry if I'm going to kill you because I simply exist. Get that through your thick motherfucking skulls.

And here's one more thing to consider - Children are catching COVID. But they can't be vaccinated yet, so you're getting them sick. Getting them killed.

More children have caught COVID than caught Polio in it's WORST YEAR, and we vaccinated everyone. EVERYONE. EVERYONE.

EVERYONE.

Get your fucking shot. Because this isn't freedom.

But because I love you anyway, have some World Order:




No comments:

Post a Comment