Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Radio Free California Episode 2137 - plus an awards ceremony

 


What a week! Music from multiple award winners Sean Waterman and Saahas, plus NEW music from ABBA, Styx, YES, DMX, Moby, Sting, Remerge Band and so much more. ENJOY!

Here the listing of this week's artists, with twitter handles unless otherwise noted:

@seanwaterman
@Saahas16
@ABBA
@STYXtheBand
@yesofficial
@NicoleKMusic
@DMX with @Bootsy_Collins, @TheIanPaice, and Steve Howe of @yesofficial
@MsKashMusic
@BesnardLakes
@corywong with @DirtyLoops doing not only a Michael Jackson but possibly the first ever Euphonium Solo in pop music
@scarypockets featuring @Swattykins and @LizzyMcAlpine
@ainsleymusic07
@hello_BOYO_
@charli_xcx
@SammyBrue
@thelittleidiot (Just love Moby's twitter handle)
@OfficialSting
@MonaLisa_Twins
@Imaginedragons
@suunsband
Motorists (I couldn't find any socials - check them out on Spotify, etc.)
pearlandtheoystersband (Instagram)
@jimmytamborello
@meatbodies
@RemergeBand

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

So this is the point where I usually rant on politics and injustices, but today I want to talk about something I did this past weekend. I went to an awards ceremony. I'll get back to my usual stuff tomorrow/later.

I was up for 4 (well, 5 - but the 5th was an accident) awards at the Indie Music Channel awards and I won 1 - Best Alternative Band. It was cool.

The first two artists featured above are the artists who beat me in my own categories, You gotta give them love, but I want to just feature a single artist in another category: Rap/Hip-Hop.

An Oakland Rapper named Ms. Kash swept the Rap/Hip-Hop categories, winning every single award. I wasn't going to include her track because it's older, but I'm betting you didn't know it so it's my list, my rules, and I do what I want. You should hear it, and see it.

So because I love you, here is Ms. Kash, with Reign:


No comments:

Post a Comment