Monday, August 28, 2023

The Indie Music Channel Awards for 2023: About the Nominations part 2 - Piece of my Soul

 


I have been nominated for a total of 9 awards by the Indie Music Channel, the premiere source for indie/alternative music in North America, and I'm going to talk about the songs that have been nominated. This is Piece of my Soul, which has been nominated for Best Alternative Song. The entire song is a single story, and there is no chorus.

It's a true story. Every word. I donate all the money earned off this single to Planned Parenthood.

When I was 6 years old I went to a friend's house and we found his mother lying unconscious in the kitchen in a pool of blood, the result of a back-alley abortion (which I didn't learn for many years). It freaked me right the fuck out (she survived). Thanks to 6 people who belong to a religious sect that most of us don't consider ourselves to be members of we have dropped out of the top 100 countries in the world in terms of women's rights. 

An Ectopic Pregnancy is now a death sentence in 17 states. This is barbaric. This is wrong. More 6 year-olds are going to find mommy bleeding out in the kitchen because you've taken the safe option away. 

Children get pregnant. Rape victims get pregnant. People with severe disabilities get pregnant. Non-Christians get pregnant. Poor people. Rich people. Not just people who think mistakenly believe that an electrical signal is a heartbeat. Your "morals" have doomed them all. They have doomed you too. 

This is NOT freedom. Women are going to die. Some may have already by the time this posts. This is shameful. 

You wouldn't let a 13 year-old adopt, why should you expect her to carry a child to term and raise it? 

I'm a man - I should have no say in the choice, which is what the song is about. And it should be a CHOICE. Your cult has no business telling us what our morality should be. 

Abortion is Healthcare. Abortion is a right. We must put a stop to this barbarism... this lust to make The Handmaid's Tale a reality imposed especially on people who want no part of it. We must OVERTHROW anyone who supports what has happened. 

VOTE.











No comments:

Post a Comment