Monday, January 8, 2024

Radio Free California Episode 2402, radio station notes (new show coming!), cheap shots and more.

 

Cobwebs shaken off and it's time for new music! This week we get Billy Porter, Undercover Pangolin, Luke LeBlanc, Motion Sickness, Green Day, Mall Girl, Twen, Voyager-X with their first new music this century, Mike Shinoda, July Talk and much more. Enjoy!

Most people aren't aware of this, but I've been running this station for a year now.My first uploads were in the first week of 2023 and I not only uploaded the Radio Free California selections from that week, but a lot of my Radio Free California Episodes from Spotify for 2021 as well. I have been making these playlists for years on various platforms. I was that guy who created mixtapes that got passed around before the age of digital.

In August there was a data breach and the station went down for a few days. Rather than rebuild with everything I had uploaded I decided to stick with only the music from 2023. There was more than enough material to keep people happy and as of last week there are 1,537 songs in the rotation. You could go a week without hearing the same song twice, save for special programming.

But my vow was to play only new music, so at what point does a song age out? At what point do I say the song isn't new any more? At the one year mark. It's not exactly accurate given the lives of some songs but it's the list I'm going to stick with. This means that I am purposely removing music this week - specifically the music from Radio Free California Episode 2302 (I didn't re-upload 2301 after the crash in August and I'm afraid I don't remember why). Next week we will do Episode 2303 and so on.

We should celebrate these songs and I plan to do that with a new show that will play on Saturdays at 11am and again at 5pm. We will say goodbye to the songs that are now a year on the playlist with one last broadcast, which will be repeated a couple of times during the day.

You can of course still listen to this music - my playlists are still on spotify and you can find them here. They're all searchable as well.

ALBUM SHOW NOTES

Not alot on the new releases list for this week, but Billy Porter did drop a full album of pop and funk and it's a not too subtle reminder that music is fun. I've featured a couple of songs from the album in this week's playlist and I'm going to feature the entire album, called "Black Mona Lisa" with an extra track as Porter also released a single with Luke Evans (as in "Bard" from the Hobbit movies) that I will add on called "Always Be My Man".

The Album Show will run this Thursday January 11th at 9am and 9pm Pacific Standard Time.

For those of you who stay away from Spotify this playlist will be played this Wednesday January 10that 2am, 6am, 10am, 2pm and 6pm PST. All of the songs I feature on Radio Free California are played as part of the regular rotation. .

One last programming note: Every Sunday at 10am and again at 10pm we will feature our show "10 at 10", where we play 10 (and sometimes 11 or even 12!) songs from a year we pick at random. Again, all times are PST. Last week was a retrospective of 2023 (it was not a top 10 list) and for next Sunday's show we're going to feature a small selection of songs from.. well you'll have to tune in to find out!

As always, you can go to https://global.citrus3.com:2020/public/radiofreecalifornia to listen to the station, and there is an imbed below. And did you know the station is available as an app? It's only for Google Play (sorry iphone users - Apples terms and conditions were too restrictive for me) but you can listen on your phone at your convenience too.


Cheap shots:

Turns out that "America's Mayor" might be a commie.

I think he needs to take that "Person Woman Man Camera TV" test again.

They aren't "hostages" you stupid motherfucker.

I said back in November that this was a mistake. It still is.

More mistakes in his threat than there are words in the headline.

"Bad Boebs, bad Boebs, Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"

Do you honestly believe that such a self-proclaimed germophobe would allow anyone crying "with tears running down his face" within 10 feet of him?

I'll be honest, I did not have the headline "See If You Can Spot The Vaginas On Gillian Anderson's Golden Globes Dress" on my Golden Globes Bingo card.

"...have respect for the 81 million people who voted the other way, voted for my candidacy,.. He's a Loser."

I've said it before and I'll say it again; these motherfuckers have no interest in governing.

Consequences? For a Republican? Wow.

Because he's a fucking traitor.

So what the fuck actually happened here?


I am hearing an Alice Cooper song right about now.

If you think DeSantis would do the same for California I'd like to discuss selling you a bridge.

The Golden Calf again leads people where they not know.

You'd think someone from the Show Me State would know that he'd need something to show.

And because I love you, enjoy a live performance from Amythyst Kiah:


No comments:

Post a Comment