New music this week from Atarashii Gakkou Leaders, Bryan Adams, atmos bloom, Waterparks, Jesus Jones, Johnny Marr, James McCartney, Bob Seger, The Strokes, Go Public, MUTT (Oakland), Sparks and much more. Enjoy!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Okay my friends, be honest. Did you have on your bingo card that Bryan Adams would release his best album in over 4 decades this year? In all seriousness, I think his new one ("Tough Town") ranks up there with "Cuts Like a Kinfe". Even the B-Side singles (Like "51st Street", which I added a couple of weeks back and isn't even on the album) are among his best work.
Atarashii Gakkou is one of those act you either like or hate. I'm on the "like" side of the equation. They started off as a dance troupe with idol singer ambitions, but it turned out that one of them, Suzuka, could really sing and she quickly became the front-woman of the group. Then it turned out another one could really rap. Over time they've all built up specialties, but they're still a dance group, with a knack for hiring solid songwriters and producers. Their new album "From Tokyo With Love" sees them taking up a rock and roll posture and it suits them.
Waterparks is a pretty good if fairly standard post-punk band, with just a touch of metal. But they're remarkably self-aware and had the good sense to get legends like Danny Elfman to guest on the opening track and I must admit it made me give them a second listen. Their new album "JINX" can be a bit obnoxious at times, but there's good stuff there too.
Both The Strokes and Charlie XCX dropped new albums this past week and I'll be honest, I think they're both something of a letdown. Don't get me wrong, they both have good material and I've added tracks from both of their new albums, but I don't think much of the tracks I didn't add - which is most of them. I gave you what I feel are the best tracks on both in the playlist above. You can skip the rest.
After a long time away, Bob Seger dropped a 3 song "Single" of new material which will be on the expanded edition of the release of his new album, "Face the Promise" and I have to say, no one Bob Seger's like Bob Seger does. He has an unmistakable voice and style and it's nice to know that in his 6th decade as a pop/rock star he can still bring it just like he did in the old days. I picked "Wait For Me", the second track from "Little Jane", but in all seriousness I could have picked any of these songs.
atmos bloom is about the most accurately named band out there. Go on, think what you think they sound like based upon the name. There you go. Their new album is called "Everythingness" and is exactly what you'd hope for.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I may leave Facebook. Now that Newsmax and Meta have entered an agreement to use each other's resources in their AI development, you can expect disinformation to increase thousand-fold. Newsmax lies in just about every story they tell, and Meta/Facebook has the scruples of Jeffrey Epstein. If I could have a page for my band without having a personal page I would do just that.
I fucking despise Facebook, and I use it as little as possible. I'm going to need to consider that that should be reduced even further, to zero.
But because I love you, please have an early listen to a track I'm likely to feature next week:
No comments:
Post a Comment