Friday, June 10, 2011

Coming attractions…

Over the course of the next few weeks I'm going to write a series of essays featuring myself versus a fictional Republicant candidate for some unnamed Federal office. Each essay will be on a single issue and feature talking points and actual quotes from real Republicants, followed by my own rebuttal. The purpose of this will be two-fold; one is to show you that I have no business running for political office and I am unable to curtail my language to television-friendly sound bites and two, to show the Democrats of this nation just how easy it can be to refute the idiocy of the positions these morons take.

Every day I think to myself just how easy it would be for the Democratic party to win about 75% of all elections, but just stating the obvious and the real, and answering with just a touch of cynicism and toning down the supposed respect you should have for your opponent. It's so freakin' easy to do but no one ever does it, so I'm going to hold a series of quick seminars showing how it's done. Stay tuned, you just might learn something.

Cheap shots (get yer drink on):

Not going to do it today. Assume I swore like a sailor on leave in Thailand for a week (don’t ask me how I know how much that is and I won't have to lie to you) and party irresponsibly. Or Responsibly. Whichever it is, don't blame me for your alcohol poisoning.

And because I love you, David Bowie with a song you might not have heard before…

No comments:

Post a Comment