Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Radio Free California for 10-17-2018, plus a small smattering of cheap shots.

So here’s your new episode of Radio Free California. I love making these  - it’s like mix-tapes of old. Put together a bunch of songs on a cassette and let it ride. Except no one has cassette players anymore and putting these up as mp3’s gets the attention of the lawyers of record labels (I used to do this as a podcast, so I know this). So I use YouTube. That has issues too – There’s a song on the new Eminem album I’d like to use but it’s behind a pay wall so no thank you Bruce. 

Here’s a mix of 21 songs, some brand new, some old, some surprising, and a real mix of genres. I’ve made about 70 of these and I love going back and listening again – discovering the bands I discovered before radio and listening to rare and forgotten tracks. So here’s the latest one!





Here’s a track listing:
The Wonder Stuff – Good Deeds and Highs
Steve Perry – No Erasin’
The 1975 – Love it if me Made it
Cults  - i took your picture
Rick Springfield  - Blues for the Disillusioned
Dani Harrison - All about waiting
JD McPherson - Style ( is a losing game)
The Manhattan transfer - Cantaloop (Flip Out)
Cake  - Mr Mastodon Farm
Blackfield- how was  your ride

In the Cassette days that would be the end of Side One. Here comes Side Two"

Spocks Beard - All on a Sunday
Blackfield - Undercover Heart
Bjork - Play Dead
10cc - Overdraft in Overtime
Calexico  - Coyoacan
The Darkness- I wish I was in Heaven
Audioslave - the last remaining light
Living Colour  - Come On
Bob Welch – Miles Away
Death from above 1979 - NVR 4EVR
Bangles - Glitter years

I usually try NOT to find music videos – I want the music to stand on its own but in a couple of cases it’s unavoidable. Try to listen while you’re doing something else so you aren’t bothered by the images. I can’t help about the commercials. You’re stuck there, unless you have YouTube Red.

Enjoy!

Cheap Shots (It’s Wednesday, so I recommend Vodka – chilled to near-freezing):

I has a sad. To give you an idea of just how amazing Caroll Spinney is, watch this: 

I agree, fat ass.

And because I love you: 



No comments:

Post a Comment