Monday, January 9, 2023

Radio Free California Episode 2302, some thanks about the new single, and a few cheap shots

 


Week 2 for 2023 and we have new music from Chris Reed and the Anime Raiders (aka me), Kiffie, Peter Gabriel, The Winery Dogs, Quiet Houses, Somebody's Child, lovelytheband, All Them Witches and much more. Enjoy!

+++++

The opening track is my latest, "Elusive Green". Much to my shock, it's the fastest out of the gate performing single of my career so far. Over 5,000 views of the video, and nearly 20,000 plays of the song in less than a week. Crazy thing is, I've been promoting the radio edit and it's the full-length version of the song - the "album version" in the old days - that's gotten more play.

You can never know which of your songs is going to grab the fancy of the listening public - if you try to engineer it you're almost always going to fail. Today's tendency is towards shorter tracks to fit into TikTok videos and I do not find that appealing. A song is as long as it needs to be. What a song needs to be is honest to itself, and that's what I've always gone for.

This is my first real intentional dance track, and people have been listening/watching. Who am I to argue? Given that I'm not really on any social media platform with a lot of followers this has been a welcome surprise.

So thank you everyone. It's appreciated.

+++++

Cheap Shots:

The Linder Letter, not the lawless right.

Isn't it funny how this story has changed over the past couple of days? "From "6 year-old shoots teacher" to "Teacher shot while trying to confiscate gun brought to school" to "Accident?" Sometimes the immediacy of our news cycle is a grotesque failure.

What's the over/under on how many votes this will take?

Step by step, Inch by inch...

Can some of our thugs be arrested for this insurrection?

I asked a former Tank driver (U.S. Army) and I can pass along that Elon doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.



So who is this guy really?

And because I love you, here's a song that Led Zepplin never was able to pull off live, done by Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes:


No comments:

Post a Comment