Monday, January 30, 2023

Radio Free California Episode 2305, a few cheap shots and swears, and a new gin

 


Queue up the end of January with lots of new music! This weeks features Nickel Creek, Maaya Sakamoto, Kiffie, Ergo, Bria (the comma is part of the name), Kimbra, King Tuff, a wild remix of an old Yes song, and much more. Enjoy!

I used to link to the artists in my playlists' social media sites, with a preference towards twitter. Well, twitter is a hellscape (okay, more of one) and I don't really do Facebook, Instagram or TikTok so what I recommend you do if you find that there's an artist on my playlist you want to follow, click on their name and open their Spotify Page. If you look at their bio they usually post their preferred social media spots, with links.Some don't, but most do. Give that a shot.

In my opinion this is one of the better lists of new music I've put together.

Cheap shots:


He defied a subpoena...

Apparently the windmills are also killing airplanes and oceans now.


It keeps looking more and more like all the motherfuckers who claim the election was stolen actually stole one themselves.


A wall, eh? Seriously? What a bunch of hosers.

Scorpion disbanded, arrested, and I notice no police unions are defending these officers. They always seem to do so when the officers are white.


Goodbye to the OG, first, and best Wednesday Addams


Oh by the way, in case you haven't noticed it, COVID-19 is still as bad as ever. Mask up, motherfuckers.


I must admit, the phrase "This is some Bakersfield B.S." made me laugh.

Ever notice that people who use the word "Woke" as a pejorative are almost always assholes?

California. Picking up the slack when Republicans fail.

Don't call her Shirley. Well, fuck.

And because I love you, here is the very striking video by Kimbra, featured in this week's episode.


Oh and finally - this is not an ad. This is a recommendation. I tried this stuff this past weekend and fell in love with it. You have to buy it online, or buy it at the distillery on Treasure Island like I did, but it's amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment