Friday, May 26, 2023

Radio Free California Episode 2321 and FFFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!

 


New music this week from blur, Homecomings, Yes, Todd Rundgren, MOULE, Greta Van Fleet, PONY, The Ocean, Leo give his version of an old Frankie Goes to Hollywood song, lovelytheband drops a new single, We feature a couple of songs by the Japanese pop band Homecomings (one of which is the theme to the anime "Kimi ha Houkago Insomnia", The Ocean releases the final album in their Phanerzoic trilogy, Ed Eagle, kiffie, Cory Wong and Theo Katzman all release songs where they are guesting on other people's albums, and much more. Enjoy!

And then a Foo Fighters song flew in under the radar at the last second, so I had to add that too.

<<insert sound of a needle on a 45 here>>

Well you may have noticed that this one is late. Late late late late late. That's because the evening that I was going to post this my computer suffered a Klingon breakdown and I lost everything. The whole. FUCKING. Machine. All of my files. My comics, my anime, and even two singles I had slated for July. One last mix and they were heading to the distributors.

All gone.

It's now five days later and I only just got a temporary working machine today. I'll have a new machine next week and then I will start the process of rebuilding, on <<shudder>> windows 10. I fucking hate Windows 10.

What amazes me more than anything is that I haven't lost my temper over it, and if you've read my work you can imagine that I might have a temper to match it. And I do. 

But here we are anyway, and not a damned thing I can do about it. So I'm going to be sporadic for a bit while I rebuild my setup and my studio. I can re-record the singles but I had a magical performance on one of them that I'll never be able to reproduce. I also had the weirdest guitar solo I've ever recorded.

So I'm sorry this one's late. The radio station is down and I've lost all my e-mail contacts and bread recipes. Give me a moment or two to put it all back together again.

And because I love you and we need a laugh, may I introduce you to Dara O'Briain:


No comments:

Post a Comment