Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I find your lack of faith amusing


I admit that I've never understood the whole hullabaloo about being opposed to equal rights for gays, lesbians, trans, asexual... hell anyone. These people have existed all through time and I for one am glad to help put light in the shadows so that these people can be as free as I am. But I have always been amazed by the idea that a person's faith is what is directing the opposition to these rights.

People who use their faith as a reason for this line of thinking always seem to hide behind the simple idea of "if only they were more like us" or "if they weren't like that then we wouldn't have an issue". From the mildest student at BYU to the most rabid Westboro Baptist it all seems to be the same. "Stop being you and I won't disagree with you!"

And this is what I find funny. It seems to me that anyone who uses their faith as an argument to be anything other than kind doesn't have enough faith in their own beliefs to not want to meddle. That they fear the influence of outside forces so much that they might interfere with their own faith. That their own faith is weak enough that it can't withstand the forces of someone who thinks/believes/exists differently.

They're not hiding behind their faith, they're hoping that their faith will keep them propped up. They're not convinced that their faith is strong enough so they shout that of course it is! It HAS to be!

I know it is possible to be a person of faith without being the kind of person who has to desire less than equal treatment of another person. I know many such people. It's not that they are any more enlightened, it's just that they're not afraid. Faith cannot be forced. Faith cannot be earned.

Faith simply is, and if that isn't enough for you than perhaps the problem isn't with other people, but with you.

And it shouldn't take an atheist to teach you that.

CHEAP SHOTS:

Such an old country. So sad. Terrible ratings. (That is the tweet I'm expecting).

So die. Who's stopping you?

Supposedly he was elected President of Common Sense.

You want to know why I believe in Global Warming? Simple. This picture below. That flooding you see there? That's the ocean, making inroads into Mill Valley this morning.


Congratulations kids! Instead of a diploma, here's the test you can take to see if McDonald's will hire you!

Lysistrata!

Calexit?

"No one can dispute that the Charleston shooting brought on Good Things. Well, maybe nine people."

Golfing? Really?

Don't try to leave the country if your taxes aren't paid.

You've probably seen it by now, but this is comedy GOLD:

Because you might need a break, here is the recipe for a Blue Horizon (I would skip the cherry myself):

Pour all ingredients into a collins glass almost filled with ice cubes. Garnish with a maraschino cherry, and serve.
For the win, President Barack Obama (Retired):


In Great Soviet Union TV watches you! Oh, wait...


So who will crack first? Coming soon on CNN!


Remember when Republicans hated commies and accused Liberals of working with them? Good times. Good times.

And because I love you, what I consider to be the greatest collaborative piece done by John and Yoko, musically. Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear the music - timely?
    Go Barak - He ain't coming back is he?

    ReplyDelete