Friday, March 19, 2021

New music, some reflections, and one of 100 million shots in the arm.


 When I went into Lockdown 1 year and 1 week ago, 1 out of every 237,854 Americans had caught COVID-19, what at the time I thought was a fucking alarming number. At 1,379 infections it was already the worst disease of its kind to have struck our country In my lifetime. As of that same day, 1 out of every 12,615,385 Americans had died. 26 people.

Odds were pretty good that you didn't know anyone affected.

As of this morning 1 out of every 11 Americans has been infected. 1 out of every 609 Americans has died.

Odds are pretty good that you know someone who has died, let alone been infected. I've lost 2 friends, know friends who have lost relatives, and over two-dozen of my friends and relatives have caught this fucking thing.

Although the odds have favored me, I've been lucky and diligent. I've barely left my house this past year.

I left the house today. I got my first shot of the Pfizer Vaccine. That means I don't have to thank 45 for SHIT - this vaccine was devised without his stupid "Warp Speed" program.

Guess what? I got one of those first 100,000,000 doses that Biden promised - on the very day that this milestone was reached.

So now I have a vaccine card in my possession, something I expect I'm going to be carrying for a long while. You know what? I'm fine with that. And yes, I'm still going to be wearing masks when I'm out, probably for a very long time.

People who have been vaccinated can still get COVID-19. It's just that now we're not going to die, and are probably not going to need to be hospitalized. We will still be carriers. Given what I know about this process, this shot will probably need boosters in the years ahead. Again, that's Okay.

It's fucking light years ahead of what we had less than 2 months ago.

Afterwards, for the first time in a year, my wife (who also got vaccinated) and I went out to lunch. We went to an old haunt called "Chomp 'N' Swig", which while not a slice of heaven is certainly a meaty, tasty chunk. It had been more than a year, and THEY REMEMBERED US!!!!! I had a Hangover Burrito (Hash Browns, Eggs, Cheese, Sausage, Bacon and Ham) and bought a mug.


So I feel pretty good - no real side effects that I can tell. We get our second doses in 4 weeks.

It wasn't planned this way, but to celebrate I have released a new single of ambient music. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment