Monday, March 13, 2023

Radio Free California Episode 2311, a quick note about the Oscars, plus a number of cheap shots.

 


New music from legends like Yes, Peter Gabriel, Fishbone and Depeche Mode, plus great bands like Your Heart Bleeds, Theo Katzman, Blondshell, Christine and the Queens, Beach Fossils and much more. Enjoy!

I used to post Social links for the artists on these playlists, but when twitter melted I decided to stop doing this. If you want to follow any of these bands, look them up on Spotify (you can just click on the band's name in the playlist above) and go to their band page. If you scroll down and look at their bio most bands have links to their socials and websites there.

+++++++++++

I don't generally have opinions when it comes to the Oscars, except for the music categories - because I know a great deal about them. The score for All Quiet on the Western Front was the best one and it deserved the win. When it comes to best song, for me I want the song to be something that is integral to the film, not what shows up over the end credits. Far too often (and for 3 of this year's nominees) the song has nothing to do with the movie, even if thematically it ties in (like Rhianna's song for Wakanda Forever - which face it is a nice song) it's not about the movie itself. It's just song placement. 

For me in order to win this category the song has to be a PART of the movie. That was only the case for 2 of this year's nominees. And one of them actually won - which is't common. I approve.

+++++++++++++++++

Cheap Shots (Monday is Rum day):

Side effects include your heart exploding you stupid fucks.

How stupid do you have to be to think that "woke" crashed a bank?

Who was it who said that you shouldn't trust a man who doesn't like dogs?

My only real comment on the Oscars this year is that everything that should have won pretty much did. That's kind of rare, actually.

Seems to me the only appropriate response is to refer to him as "Toadstool Tool T...."


Speaking of which, Toadstool Tool Trump doesn't want to talk under oath.

I've always thought that Kimmel is kind of a dick. He can be funny, but he's also a bit mean.

You mean it wasn't "wokeism"?

Sorry Tukkies, but he's guilty, guilty, guilty.

Given that people are starting to use Tukkie's on-air bullshit as parts of their defense, and given that it is full of lies, I think a case can be made that Tukkies should be arrested and prosecuted for OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE.

A LITERAL softball interview. Given the number of edits, you have to wonder how many of those throws resulted in catches. Neither man seems to be the type to play catch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Texas is the Hee-Haw version of The Handmaid's Tale.

I don't think there is a safe way to set off a "Carbon Bomb".

Maybe we do need to nationalize the Railroads. I mean, fuck these schmucks.


I'm linking to this just for the headline.



And because I love you, here is the Oscar winner for Best Original Song in context. I was surprised that it won because in general Oscar voters tends to vote for the saccharine. It absolutely deserved the win.




No comments:

Post a Comment