Thursday, January 6, 2011

I could quote Gore Vidal here…

Because I posted on Tuesday (and I usually don't) I'm going light today with a few cheap shots to hold you over. I suppose I could just use my catch-phrase, but it's like shooting fish in a barrel at this point. I mean, they wasted $1,000,000+ reading the constitution, or at least some of it, while allowing two members to violate it (see below). Besides, so many others have done the heavy lifting today that I'm going to take it easy.

On a side note, I'm going to be experimenting with the look of this place over the next few days. When the links turn purple they were getting hard to see.

Cheap Shots:

Yeah, they lied to you about cutting the deficit. They're fucking liars.

When they agree with you they're great, when they don't they're fucking liars. That's how Washington works. Well, fuck you and your orange skin.

Stop her before she kills again!




The best of signs, the worst of signs…

So they read the Constitution, to a crowd of almost zero - and skipped some parts. The United States, edited.


Even the teabaggers are already noticing that they've been had. “I actually don’t think it would be possible to fall from grace any faster than this.” I laugh in your general direction.
Um, what?

Remember Garbage Pail kids? Steve King (R-aging Asshole) certainly does.


You sure can pick them, can't you. Set phasers on cynicism.

So the Republicants first order of business was to take away the voting rights of members of congress.

If you have the time, here is a fascinating look at the finest military in the world, from an insider.

And because I love you, Brian May

2 comments:

  1. I really do wonder what the Tea Party is going to do when faced with the realities of government that you just can't say "no" to any and all spending. Do they play along and anger the base? Do they admit they were wrong? (yeah, right) Do they try to really split from the Repubs and risk lose what little power they have (or start turning into that Independence Party predicted by Reich)? It will be interesting to watch. One has to hope that any real "independents" that followed their myth will wake up.

    I don't agree with BOR, but I never thought he was downright stupid (unlike some others on his network). Guess that has to change.

    Repubs are really all about rich white men. Its amazing that more people just don't see that. Its gotta be due to the fact that this country didn't have hundreds of years of landed gentry as Europe did. The US became independent too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOR is insanely stupid. He tried to prove the existance of God by saying that you can't explain tides any other way...

    What a maroooon

    ReplyDelete