Monday, February 7, 2011

No, I'm not going to link to "Bonzo Goes to Bitburg"

While we've been distracted by the shiny object that is the Super Bowl and the accompanying commercial onslaught, Paul Mason of the BBC has done some heavy lifting to try and understand the dynamics of what is happening in Egypt and other parts of the world, as what appears to be open peaceful revolt begins to take place.

The full post can be read here, but in essence what it all boils down to is the fact that we can all communicate with one another with such speed and ease these days that a movement can gain traction under the right circumstances, and the forces that fight against that traction are more easily swayed away than ever before.

That's a pretty cool thing. It can often take years for enough people to grow familiar with a situation that action will be taken. India's independence took decades. How true this definition will prove out in the long run I don't know - even Mr. Mason lays down some pretty heavy caveats as to how this could all be wrong. But it's nice to see that maybe in my own lifetime the jackasses I've railed against for most of my life might find their backs against the wall.

Cheap shots:

My two favorite Super Bowl Ads were car commercials - one funny:



And one serious:






And if that isn't a good enough fix, you can see them all here.


The UN is going to need another chair.

With the sale of The Huffington Post to AOL, is anyone else hearing the voice of Alec Baldwin? (And yes, I'm aware I'm linking to them a lot today)

And then it hits me - Joseph Gordon-Levitt (or whatever the dude's name is) is going to be Robin!

You know, I'm not so cheesed off at the idea of Secretary Kerry as I am at the fact that they filed the topic under Hillary Clinton.

This woman was my congresscritter for a while. Buh-bye!


Oooh, it looks like Olbermann had a plan all along!

What the fuck? Someone who supports Republicants is opposed to sanctions against Iran? And this is NOT a denial.

Wow, look who we just sent to Egypt. Still think that Obama is anything but a capitalist?


Vader Unmasked. And for the record, I saw the mini-Vader ad a week before the Super Bowl, so I didn't count it as part of the ad blitz.

And because I love you (and face it, am not celebrating the Reagan Error's architect's birthday) Mary's Danish




No comments:

Post a Comment