Wednesday, February 9, 2011

San Francisco to LA in two hours!

The Obama Administration brought out Commutin' Joe Biden yesterday to announce the grandest plan ever for high speed rail in this country. It's a whopper of a plan, connecting rail lines all across the country, and it looks something like this:


It isn't cheap, but it's a lot less expensive than fighting a bunch of overseas wars and it would do some amazing things - create jobs, ease commutes from place to place, and bring the nation closer together in terms of what we do on a daily basis. I myself would love to see a high speed rail from San Francisco to Los Angeles - I'd probably get down to the city of my birth more often than I do now. Sure, I could fly down but who actually enjoys flying anymore? I sure as hell don't.

Seriously - I'd rather drive for 8 hours than get on an airplane. But a train that can do the trip in 2 hours? You bet I'd ride that.

And the jobs this would create. We're talking about probably a million or more jobs for at least 15 years. Come on people, this is a no-brainer! The rest of the world is kicking our asses on this one, but we can still come back and kick butt ourselves.

Cheap shots:

To my female friends - the Republicants lied to you about backing down on the definition of rape. This makes them fucking liars.

By the way, also hidden in that abortion bill is one of the biggest tax increases on business in history. Fucking liars.



How the hell is it possible that 52% of Americans haven't even heard about what's happening in Egypt?

God's teeth, so many jokes I could say here. My internal sysop might just go all bsod on me. Hmmm, let's pick one at random. How about, this congresscritter is so out of touch he doesn't realize that no one uses Craigslist for this type of thing anymore. (And I have to admit, it's hard to pass up "Christopher Lee, shirtless!") And then it becomes the fastest. Scandal. EVAR!!! And no, I'm not going to give him credit for owning up to it - because he tried not to at first.

It’s a good point my Soldier of Orange. It would have never happened when Nancy was in charge.

Okay, this 3-D bullshit has gone far enough.



Okay, we get it. He likes the ladies.



Joe, you're probably a nice guy and all, but you have the attention span of a humming bird.


And because I love you, Toto

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, high speed rail is all over Europe and Japan and we in the US have to deal with the friggin TSA. You're not the only one that used to enjoy flying. Now I'm seriously thinking how much my family would rather drive to Quebec this summer rather than fly. I love taking the train to NYC. I'd love it even more if it only took an hour.

    The reason 52% haven't heard about Egypt? Well, remember, the IQ average is 100, so half are less. The real question should be how many know anything about Egypt they haven't heard from Faux news?

    Lying Repubs? Duh! Really sad how much that party has changed.

    ReplyDelete